This example utilizes a StreamingPlayer component (480x360 pixels) and the optional Controller component with play, pause, progress controls, volume controls, fullscreen, and controller text enabled (no skin).The single video location and playback parameters have been set within the Component Inspector (i.e. XML is not used in this example).
To enable the basic Fullscreen feature in your existing HD Video Player FLA (Flash 8/CS3/CS4 required):
- Open your FLA in Flash 8/CS3/CS4 and select the Controller component on the stage, then open the Component Inspector.
- Set the "Enable Fullscreen Button" to true. This will allow users to press the fullscreen button and by default the entire application will be scaled to fullscreen. For a more advanced fullscreen functionality, please see our default players (Titanium, Zoom, Phantom, Multichannel), which include example scripts that utilize the "fullscreen" event to resize and rearrange the items on the stage when you switch between fullscreen and normal viewing states.
- You can now save your project and publish a new network-ready SWF (i.e. set the Local Playback Security to "Access Network Only" in the Publish Settings menu). NOTE: the fullscreen feature will not work on your desktop.
- To add the player to your webpage you must add the following scripts to your web document wherever you want the player to appear. Please note that the SWF path and Flash player size (width and height; should be equal to your SWF dimensions) are specified in two places, and you must use the 'allowfullscreen="true"' parameter in the object and embed tags:
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
width="480" height="360" >
<param name="movie" value="ENTER PATH TO SWF HERE" />
<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />
<embed src="ENTER PATH TO SWF HERE" width="480" height="360" allowfullscreen="true"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
To use the example player above without the DEMO text (purchase required):
- Install your purchased copy of the MXP in your Flash 8/CS3/CS4 authoring software by double-clicking the file named "ESA_HD_Video.mxp". This will open the Extension Manager, which will prompt you to complete your installation. NOTE: Before installing the MXP file you will have to unpack your downloaded ZIP file and shut down your authoring software if it is open.
- Download the example files using the link below, and unpack the ZIP file.
- Open the file named "fullscreen.fla" in your copy of Flash 8/CS3/CS4.
- Open the Components menu and look for a folder named "ESA HD Video Player". In this folder, there will be three components named StreamingPlayer, Playlist, and Controller.
- Add an instance of the StreamingPlayer to the stage by double-clicking it in the menu.
- Flash will open a "Resolve Library Conflict" window, and ask if you want to replace the existing item in the library - toggle the "Replace existing items" button and click "OK".
- You should now see 2 StreamingPlayer components on the stage; one in the same position as the original, and a new component near the middle of your screen.
- Select the new StreamingPlayer component near the middle of your screen and delete it.
- The remaining StreamingPlayer component on the stage is the updated component with your previous settings (without the DEMO text).
- You can now modify the component parameters, save your project, and publish a new SWF.