- Using your Flash 8/CS3/CS4 authoring software, open an existing FLA that includes the Slideshow component, or install the MXP and open a new document, then add the Slideshow component to the stage and give it the instance name "mySlideshow" as shown in the example FLA (see download info below).
- Add a "TextInput" component (in the Flash component menu under "User Interface") to the stage and give it an instance name of "xmlpath" as shown in the example FLA (see download info below).
- You will also need to add several lines of action script to the actions panel (scene1: frame 1). The action script can be copied from lines 1-4, 32, and 39-44 in the example FLA (see download info below).
- You should change the color of the background and resize it to fit all of the objects on the stage.
- Once you are finished modifying the FLA you should save your project, publish a network ready SWF, and embed the SWF in your webpge. Be sure to add the 'id="myFlashMovie"' parameter to both locations in your embed script as shown below:
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
width="620" height="330" id="myFlashMovie" >
<param name="movie" value="slideshow_fullscreen.swf" />
<param name="FlashVars" value="playlist=images.xml" />
<embed src="slideshow_fullscreen.swf" width="620" height="330" FlashVars="playlist=images.xml" name="myFlashMovie"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
- You will also need to add the "getFlashMovieObject" and "SendDataToFlashMovie" functions to the header of your web document as shown in the example html file (see download info below).